Friday, November 15, 2013

Professional LinkedIN

               In an attempt to further solidify my professional networks, I have established a LinkedIn account, and have begun to make literary connections. I mainly associate myself with literary agents, as they are the first link to my primary future pursuits. However, I have also developed connections with other professionals within Communications and freelance writing positions, as they are able to provide me with keen insight to growth possibilities. Additionally, upon looking into the LinkedIn account of Kimberly Yadon, a creative writing instructor for ESC, I found that she has utilized the site to encompass avenues to many of her interests. That’s a promising perspective.
                I've also employed my Twitter account to a great extent lately. I’m excited about several new proficient contacts to various literary agencies. It has allowed me to be aware of relevant writing trends, and is resourceful in providing me with sites for helpful tips. Yet, I still need to better my “twitting” skills. Like anything, it requires regular practice.

                My Symbaloo has grown to include resource links for writing enhancement, quick links to social sites, and associations to literary agencies such as Friendrich and Curtis Brown, whom I hope to write for. The bookmarks make it expedient to access different sites from one central location. From there I can likewise access my Pinterest boards or link them back to my other sites, including my other blog A Life of Movies.


                The aforementioned is a sampling of my expanding digital network, and the efforts toward my ultimate goal of becoming a professional author. I strive to iron out the inconsistencies of my digital presence where time plays a factor. Nevertheless, life is a lesson, and I am learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment