Friday, October 11, 2013

Drawing the Lines

     In my efforts to build a PLN (Personal Learning Network), I have tried to focus on not only my passions, but also my needs in terms of a career. My goal is to create a PLN through the collaboration of several social medias including blogs, Twitter, and Pinterest.  My association with classmates on Google+ will basically be the first line within a great web.
www.edutopia.org

     Essentially, any type of social media contributes to my future pursuits. Since my degree will entail Professional and Creative Writing, my studies include every form of media and artistic writing; though my true passion lies within creative.  My goal is to be published and reviewed on a worldwide scale.
     I want others to recognize my diversity. So I created an account with Pinterest where I could demonstrate several billboards of visually detection.  The site illustrates my interests and gets others to be involved in them. My boards of unique personal passions will be a form of self-promotion.  As people become attracted to my ideas and images, they will re-pin and post links to my work.

     Also, by blogging with others on an optimistically daily basis, I can begin weaving a web of specialized connections to support my future intents. For instance, the site YourVision is an interest based site that is highly resourceful. I can keep abreast of subjects and link them to other sites. The site Viral Blog is about viral marketing trends, which any advertising position will require. Then there is the blog Quick and Dirty Tips that gives advice on writing and tips to connect with the public, yet in a very fun way. 
     Lastly, I've discovered a method to link social media like Twitter to certain pages of my novels. It involves embedding retweet buttons within the PDF pages. People click to share specific lines, thus tapping into the vast population of social media. I've just got to work my way through the process.


     I think it would be great to establish my own website centered upon my related topics and my own abilities. Initially it would have to be very user interactive with recommendations to correlated sites. It’s a thought though, and we're just starting.

No comments:

Post a Comment